cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Massivebird
New Contributor

Terrible Repair Service

As many others have commented I am having terrible service regarding my insurance claimed repair for a simple cracked case.

The Optus claim form clearly identifies 5-7 business days. I handed my phone over on the 13 August and now 3 weeks later still no phone. Calls with Optus have bared no fruit, they seem completely unable to effect any change or response from the repairer who seem to operate with impunity. We pay for a service that is not being delivered on. I could of had a car repaired in the time its taken to make this simple repair.

Will be requesting a refund on this months bill however sure this wont be provided. Have been with Optus since my first phone however after this terrible service I will have to re-consider. Super disappointed.

Has anyone had any luck in having a phone repair expedited ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Terrible Repair Service

Perhaps others can provide case examples. I believe the Optus Insurance policy is actually handled by a third party insurance company (STONEHENGE INSURANCE COMPANY). Although both are apparently owned by Singtel. Unfortunately the PDS doesn't actually provide any specific time frame for resolving cases. Two weeks without update is getting too long definitely.

All I can suggest is contact the company claims line (1800 501 971) and you might be able to shake something loose?

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor MichaelF
Occasional Contributor

I handed my phone over to Optus for a warranty repair over a month ago. In short, Optus have lost my phone and dont care. I would advise everyone who has had this experience to contact the Telecommunications Ombudsman to lodge a complaint. If I dont get my phone back this week before I go overseas, I will be making a press release about Optus losing customers phones.  I have stopped automatic payments and wont be making any more payments until I get my phone back.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi MichaelF,

So you have been in contact with Optus and/or Device Protect Insurance and it's been confirmed the phone has been lost?

If so, what is the current situation? Has a replacement been discussed/arranged?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

update. I called Optus again today to enquire about the whereabouts of my lost insurance claim phone and  I was given a "guarantee "that I would get  a call back today. Despite the fact that we had a dicussion about the meaning of the word "guarantee', I was not phoned back. I have left the issue with the Telecommunications ombudsman to deal with.

Occasional Contributor

I went into the Optus  shop again today and the staff finally called the repair people. Of course, it was too late. I am going overseas the day before  the phone will arrive at the shop. This has been over a month despite the promise of a maximum of three weeks. The Optus staff member suggested I buy a new phone at my expense- this is beneath contempt. If anyone else is having this problem, dont leave the store until the Optus staff have phoned the repair centre in front of you. If they say they dont have the number, it is 1300 017 800. Good luck

0 Kudos
Top Contributors