cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor wawan410
New Contributor

Terminating Contract

Hi,

I was looking on what should I pay if I terminate a contract earlier.

For example with the current iphone 11 pro, it has price of $99 plan and $8 phone over 36 months.

What happen if I want to terminate the contract earlier, for example, if there are 24 months left on the contract? How much is the fee that I need to pay? 

And is there a minimum duration to fulfil? For example I cannot terminate the contract earlier than x month?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Terminating Contract

There's a current promo where if sign up by the end of the month you get to trade your ph after 12months if you want to trade the ph for a new one but youl enter into a new 36months contract. Anyways when you cancel or recon before end contract date you pay the remainder months for the device charge WITHOUT the credit Optus offered on the contract and if you recon the owing amount is split up into 3 to pay over 3 bills. FYI if you terminate your plan as in cancel and payout youl loose your ph number. Only way to keep your ph number is recontract or turn to prepaid
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Terminating Contract

Hi there wawan410,

You can simply go to your My Optus app to find out what the payout cost is.

More > Profile > Cost to change contract

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors