Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Temporary order since 20/12/2017

Hi Crowd and Moderators,

I have ordered a $59 plan with an Iphone 8 on 20/12/2017. I have received a temporary order number and was requested to send ID documents although I am an existing Optus pre-paid customer... Anyhow, I have sent a copy of my Medicare card and bank statment on the 29/12 and send again those documents twice as advised by a customer service staff. I missed a couple of calls from customer service (29/12 - 30/12) and since then radio silence. Tried to reach 1300 929 949 numerous times but the waiting time was over 1.5 hours.

Understand there was a high demand for the $59 plan and only skeleton staff to process the orders. I am naturally a patient person but this doesn't feel right even though I have read similar posts on the forum.

As anyone in a similar situation finally received their phone? Moderators, sometimes you advise people on PM can you help?

Many thanks.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Temporary order since 20/12/2017

Hey @FDO, I've sent you a private message with a few more details. We'll gladly chat with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes I am in a similar situation.
Created an Order via WebChat on 1/1/2018. Sent scanned copies of my Driver Licence and Medicare Card that day to the OnlineID email account and then .. and then ... nothing.

After contacting Optus every day and some days actually being successful in getting through to a person (average wait time 30-60mins) I have still heard nothing.
My order has a status of "Invalid Date" and nobody can assist what the reason may be or what I as a potential customer need do to progress this.   On two occasions, a Yes Crowd moderator and an Orders supports person has said they have sent an email to the person or team tasked with progressing this order to contact me but nothing.. after 3 days nothing. after 7 days nothing.
The Website boasts that order placed before 1pm will be process and sent out the following day. 
I think that should be restated as orders placed may be filfulled within a fortnight ... or two.
Meanwhile I have had to pay a new months billing on my old service provider costing me another $80.
The processing times Optus claims in it's advertising ability is no why related to reality.
If anyone has placed an order before 1pm in the last month and received the very next day I would be very suprised to hear. 
What is the realistic expected lead time between placing an order and receiving the order handset or device?
1,2,3 or 4 days or 1,2,3, or 4 weeks? / months?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Very mixed feelings...

Until today I was disappointed by the lack of communication we're all experiencing. But thanks to @Dan_C and the suggestion to fill in the social media online form I got called by customer service and confirmation of the following:

1. I will receive my phone tomorrow
  2. I will get a $59 credit for having to wait so long

As much as I was disappointed and angry at Optus' customer service, I have to admit that, they were fair in offering a month credit to make it up for the poor experience I went through.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Glad to hear we got in touch with you and provided an acceptable solution @FDO! I'll pass on your feedback to Dan 🙂 Enjoy your new phone, and let us know if you have any further enquiries we can assist with.

0 Kudos