Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Temporary order number wait

optimist

I ordered a plan and new phone upgrade on Tuesday evening 2 Jan. and received a temporary order number via email, and asked to wait for confirmation of order and an order number. On Wednesday morning my wife also ordered a plan upgrade and new phone. She immediately received confirmation and an order number. Her new phone arrived on Thursday morning. Within a day, even though we are in a regional city! Well done Optus. But, where's my phone? There seems to be a delay processing orders made outside of office hours? Is that correct? Happy to PM a moderator with my details if that helps...

Re: Temporary order number wait

TimJA

Having a temporary order is no guarantee that the order has actually been received and is progressing.

I got a temporary order number on the 28th of November... still no order 5 weeks later.

Dan_C

Hey @optimist, I've just replied back to your PM with a bit more info. We'll chat there if you like Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

@TimJA, you're welcome to send through your details via PM. We should be able to help out. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

pacman3333

Good luck my order vanished as well .

optus sales won’t honour Christmas sales 25% off.

temp order email number worthless..

i placed my my order on 1st jan.

good luck

optimist

The back end of the Optus online ordering system does seem to be unsatisfactory. Most online stores are programmed to immediately register the transaction, keep track of inventory in the case of a physical item such as a phone, and queue the order for processing and dispatch. My wife’s online shopping experience with Optus is copybook! I was astonished that the package was delivered to a remote regional city within 24hours. My order, a different matter. I hope that you will hang in there until your issue is resolved. I intend to. Thanks for the comment and moral support. 

Dan_C

@optimist,

That is something that definitely needs to be worked. I can't really poke in any holes in that statement. At this time online orders are sent through to a queue to be actioned by our admin team. Simply put the delay is due to processing. We received such a high volume of orders on the $59.00 promo plan that it's led to a back log of orders waiting to be fulfilled.

[ Edited ]
Adza

When I originally signed up to a 10% off deal I did it online and foolishly didn't keep the temporary order email. It took several days and I didn't get the discount... Optus refused to honour it and I had no proof I signed up at the time (I'm sure they do). They also ported my number to someone else's account that had the same name as me... which may have contributed to the confusion.

I've just ordered (last week) the $30/15GB deal before the end date online, and still waiting for confirmation. This time I kept the email AND PDF-printed the confirmation page showing I signed up to the 25% discount offer. It's a pre-paid to post-paid request.

Might give them a call soon and see where it's up to.

optimist

Just a quick update. I've now received advice via text message from Optus sales that my order has been processed and a trackable order number. I'll update again when my phone arrives. I hope this is helpful to others with temporary order numbers.

Solution

optimist

My phone was delivered to me by Startrak courier. I immediately received a text confirming safe delivery. And it's now connected to the network and all is working as expected. Worthwhile persisting if you are having issues. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
136 Kudos
118 Kudos
81 Kudos
78 Kudos
47 Kudos