Searching...

Mobile

Telstra WiFi 4G Advanced II Unlocked

Estyle

My friend successfuly unlocked his Telstra WiFi 4G Advanced II (Netgear AC790S)mobile hotspot, i don't know how he did that. But i suppose after unlocking, the Telstra WiFi 4G Advanced II would work with Optus SIM card, right? If so, that would be great!

Re: Telstra WiFi 4G Advanced II Unlocked

caaf

Yep, it'll give you a heaps more freedom.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Estyle

Then there is no problem to use the Telstra WiFi 4G Advanced II in other areas such as Europe and Asia, am i right?

caaf

It could be patchy and you want to pick the right provider. Happy hunting and I think Wiki will be your hunting buddy.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

believe it can be reconfigured

tudogz

I have just changed to Optus wireless broadband, from Telstra. Can I use my Telstra Netgear AC790S to connect to Optus?

I believe it can be reconfigured. Can anyone tell me how?

Re: believe it can be reconfigured

caaf

If the device is not locked to Telstra it can be as simply inserting the Optus sim, the info required is retrieved from the network.

You could venture into the dongles interface via a connected device using a internet browsers and navigating to http://10.0.0.138

Cheers Dave

tudogz

Thanks for replying. I tried firstly just putting in the card, but the device said I needed to visit http://m.home to get APN settings. This site doesn't seem to exist. I bought a new modem from Optus, but the battery only lasts a short while so I'm hoping to use the Netgear instead. (a day or more of battery life)

tudogz

I can't connect to the Netgear device as I only have Optus now, via the Huawei supplied

caaf

So connected to the device the address I supplied device doesnt work?

Cheers Dave

caaf

Correction it may be http://192.168.1.1

If you have an iPhone or android there's apps available which does make life a little easier.

Netgear App's

Cheers Dave

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
160 Kudos
150 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
84 Kudos