Searching...

Mobile

Tell us: Your Favourite Wireless Headphones

[ Edited ]
Optus

Wireless headphones have hit the mainstream market with a splash over the last 12 - 18 months especially with in-ear options like the Samsung Galaxy Buds and Apple's Airpods
Galaxy budsappleairpodsinbox.jpgbeats solo.PNG

There are many wireless alternatives out in the market currently, what are you using for your audio output and what is most important to you when choosing a wireless option, is it battery life, functionality or audio quality? 
@petergdownload @MiCCAS @SamSam @Yeldarb @Ray_YC @AlistarS @Jeneral__Pain @SillyGogo @Davelew 

Re: Tell us: Your Favourite Wireless Headphones

Yeldarb

I have never used wired or wireless headphones but I have been told several times by different people that the Apple Pods are in a class of their own.

Highlighted

SillyGogo

Using 3 different one at the moment

Office: Philips SHB5500, light weight, reasonable quality sound and can use for Skype/Team meetings.

Bus/sleep: Bose QC35ii . Very comfitable, great noise cancellation, good sound quality.

Flights: Sony WH1000XM3. Heavier than the Bose, awesome noise cancellation, very good sound quality via aptX.

Might give other brands a try, eying on the B&W PX ..

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AlistarS

@Yeldarb +1 I got sucked into getting a pair last year and don't think I can ever look back for a wireless option when away from home. Amazing functionality, good battery life and lightweight... this sometimes can be a downfall with the amount of times I've nearly lost them Smiley Frustrated I used to have Sony XDR headphones for gaming however they've died so now looking for a new pair at home.

@SillyGogo  Wow 3 pairs, I've been told the Bose Q series are amazing and the reviews look positive. I might have to drop into JB this long weekend.

SillyGogo

@AlistarSYes, I am a sucker for trying out gadget and technology and very impusive buying.

Very temped to get a pair of airport 2 myself, now that I have an iPhone. Unfortuately, I need wifi calling at work due to mobile reception, and iphone seems to be the one that works well for wifi calling. I am testing with a few prepaid sim to see who will give me the most stable network. If reception improves then I will go back to android, the P30 pro looks very nice. 

Yes, do try both the Bose QC and Sony out at JB, however watch their prices. I got both of mine using my Qantas points when they were on special. Alot cheaper than JB, Addicted to Audio sometime have special on ebay, worth shop around if you are keen on them. For gaming I say, the Bose will be more comfitable and airry, where the Sony will have little more bass and location accurate. 

There are many Dolby 7.1 surround wired headphones out there, worth checking them out for gaming. For music, maybe look at Focal. 

Have fun

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

You can blame Optus for the reason that I don't use wireless headphones as they gave me a bluetooth Marley Sport a few years ago and I have never looked back. Several of my friends swear by Apple headphones both wired on wireless so its no suprise the pods work so well.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
70 Kudos
58 Kudos
44 Kudos