Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Tax receipt for a simple bill payment..impossible?!?

Yes, I logged into my post paid account and into billing etc etc. I am looking for a statement/tax invoice for everu billed that is paid. It should should show zero sum. For claiming as a work expense, I need a receipt showing I’ve paid the bill. Apparently this is not possible?!? Even a payment summary would suffice. Something basically on a Optus template that shows I’ve paid Optus money! Does such a thing exists!? I’ve been told by Optus customer service I can only get a receipt number as it was paid by bpay. Whaaaa?!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Tax receipt for a simple bill payment..impossible?!?

A Tax Reciept shouldn't be needed to fill out a tax return. The rule isn't that you need a reciept to fill in a tax return only to back up that claim if you are unlucky and audited. You can always go to the extra hassle of getting that paper work then if you want.

But otherwise you can view / download past bills on Optus under MyAccount. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks but I need it for my employer to reimburse me. Not an issue of being audited, more like an an expense claim. Need a payment receipt. Do I need to pay each bill at an Optus store to get a receipt?!? Surely not

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

Each bill issued by Optus states Last Bill less Payments/Adjustments.

Would not prove to your employer your payment?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Yes I thought that. Is that the only way to get a statement from Optus of a payment, wait for the next bill?? 

By law, shouldn’t I be able to request a receipt for a payment for any provider of goods or services?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/prices-surcharges-receipts/receipts-proof-of-purchase#ask-for-a-re...

Businesses must always give you a receipt (or similar proof of purchase) for anything over $75. If they don't, ask for one. You also have the right to request a receipt for anything under $75 and the receipt must be given within seven days of asking.

The receipt must include the:

• supplier’s name and ABN or ACN
  • date of supply
  • product or service, and
  • price.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

I just Google the same and from that it would seem they must but I seem to remember from sometimr ago, and I could well be wrong, if the payment was made from a bank account or a debit/credit card that the statement can be considered a receipt.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dave. Yeah, I certainly have bank statements so that’s fine and the payment is accounted for. I just can’t figure how Optus does not have the ability to provide a receipt when requested?! It’s law and the most basic of consumer protections. I pay for something, I get a receipt from the provider of the service not the bank or whom ever facilities the cash transfer. Yes, I got the tax invoice that is the bill but no ability to obtain proof of payment from them??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I know it doesn't help now because it's after the fact but I pay my bill every month by clicking the "pay now" button in the email I receive with my bill. Takes me to a webpage, enter the details and hit submit. It then asks if I want a receipt emailed to me which I always say yes to. The email I receive as a result includes the amount paid, when, the account number, credit card number with a lot of the numbers **** and a receipt number. 

What I'm saying here is 1. If I have these receipts Optus should have them for everyone for at least the last 12 months and 2. maybe use this method in future to avoid the hassle?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks heaps, that might have to be the way to go in future. Appreciate that info. Very helpful. Funny that you can get a receipt via the Optus payment portal but the tech boffins can’t figure out a way to get a receipt when you pay your account by any other method as suggested on the bill!! 

0 Kudos