cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor mgee
New Contributor

Tap Gamez unsolicited SMS

I just received these two SMS from this number: +1 978-920-3

Never signed up for anything and haven't downloaded any new apps in a long long time. Pretty curious as to how this is possible. I've responded with STOP and forwarded the details to the ACMA. Is there anything else I should do?

FreeMsg: Welcome to Tap Gamez subscription costs $9.99/wk for 100 games. Opt-out send STOP to 19789203 HELP:1300663201

FreeMsg: Your subscription to Tap Gamez costs $9.99/wk charged to your mobile account. Opt-out send STOP to 19789203 HELP:1300663201

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor Astrayan
Contributor

Re: Tap Gamez unsolicited SMS

Optus sends your phone number to them, when you browse their web page.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2418905

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey mgee, have a read over this page here for more info on premium content services. 

If you never signed up for anything, come through our Customer Care chat and we can dispute the charges.

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
New Contributor Cesar
New Contributor

Same thing happened to me this weekend, shocked to see my bill with additional 45 bucks for Tap Gamez which I did not subsribe.

I hope someone from optus can help me dispute these charges.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey there @Cesar, we definitely can help!

If you still need a hand, please chat with us HERE so we can check it out for you.

I'd also recommend taking a look at our page on these charges HERE which gives you a bit more info about them, 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors