Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sync contacts with Google

Axel2019

I've just started using a Optus X Smart phone. First I imported contacts from my existing SIM. I have a contact list on Google which has some recent additions, and I want to add the new contacts to my phone. Settings > Accounts > Google > Contacts results in the "Last synced" date and time changing to now, but the contacts list still does not contain the new entries from my Google list.

Re: Sync contacts with Google

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

So you've used the Google contacts app?

Import your contacts. Open up theContacts app, click the menu icon (often three dots at the top right-hand corner) and select "Import/export". Next you need to select "Import from SIM card", which will allow you to take the names and numbers that you have saved on your smartphone'sSIM card

Peter Gillespie

Axel2019

Maybe I'm confused here. I've used the Google contacts app on my PC. If I touch "Contacts" on my phone, I get the contacts which are on my SIM. What I want to do is update the phone contacts so they match the Google ones. I thought this would happen automatically with Sync, but it doesn't.

Solution

Davelew

Hi

Sounds like you need to open your contacts, go to settings, select contacts to display and then Google

That's on my android phone so could be slightly different depending on the make of phone.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos