Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Switching from prepaid to sim only plan difficilties

I ordered a sim only plan in time for when my contract ends on my prepaid service. 

I was provided with a temporary order confirmation and told I would be contacted within 3-5 days, this was 7 days ago. 

I checked my orders page on my account and this order has no dissappeared.

I went into the optus store to enquire and was told they use a different system but to call customer service in store, after hearing waiting music for 30 minutes in store I gave up. 

Tried contacting via the chat app and was told they cant search for a temporary order number. 

Then contacted customer service and requested a call back, when they called back they put the phone down on me.

It seems optus try to put lots of barriers in the way of you changing plans, this is ridiculous, they obviously don't want customers to save money on plans. 

Looking at other phone plans with other providers! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Switching from prepaid to sim only plan difficilties

To protect yourself against the Optus plan turning up in the mail, you should take screen shots of the Order not being there, and you should do a chat where you ask them to verify it. Copy and paste that into notepad etc. Then you have proof to the TIO that they dropped your order.

The main reason you would go with Optus SIM plans is due to Netflix/Stan. If you don't need thatm the Amaysim, OVO, Spintel are competitive. With Amaysim, you can go prepaid and avoid $10 charges. With Spintel there is a cap.

0 Kudos