cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Switched my data off and still been charge $10

My bill restarts a 15th every month  i get 10g data and free music stream and mobile tv stream . I rarely send mms  and   5 -6 hrs a day connected to my work wifi  when i get home   10- 8am. My data exceed aug 5th   and i have been charged 8 times  i have set my limit to 10 kg an data paused   and while  connected to wifi i still get msg saying i have exceed and been charged extra  $10 i even turn  it of and still  get chared .. all restrictions  phone  turned  of when mobile  data is on  .. dont share my data with any other  device .. sunday morning  13 aug  412am  936 data been used and 510am i was charged extra $10 ay this time i was at home wifi and mobile data completely  off .. why am i charged when data is off  ??????

0 Kudos
7 Replies
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Switched my data off and still been charge $10

And again  right now mibile data of and been chraged !!!!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

How much tv streaming do you do?

When you look in your account usage section, can you see how much data is being used in "other data"?

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Setting your phone to limit data (is it an android?) is good. However you set it to exactly 10Gb? This will almost certainly go over your Optus 10Gb limit (So set your data limit to say 9Gb in the future)

You should be able to see your phones daily mobile data data history under SETTINGS. Does it say you've been using mobile data these past few days?

What are you doing on the phone the past few days? Streaming video? Netflix?  Youtube?

Have you got all the SMS notifications that you're going over and are being topped up 1Gb?

I suggest you turn the phone off entirely today. Record the times and see if more data is being used tonight.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I think he's either being charged for streaming TV, or

(2) has a wonky account that is shared with someone else, or

(3) has cloud sync photo problems

But we'll never figure out what.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@10000000000GB

All possibilities. I wonder a bit if (2) can happen if someone has cloned the SIM? It would be interesting to see if Optus can provide a tower location for the data downloads (they should have that info) and find out if the data is being downloaded in some far away suburb?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

>>and find out if the data is being downloaded in some far away suburb?

If teh police can get at that data, I don't see any reason we shouldn't 😉

0 Kudos

Really sorry to hear that this has been your experience @Jason3107. I hope that since posting you've been able to get in touch with someone to help out with this? . If you’d like to chat to one of our team members now, please go here: http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos