cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Suspend my mobile service during COVID-19

Hi all, I am currently over in the States studying and was meant to return home this month. However I will now have to stay in the States until June, so need to suspend my mobile service further. It is currently suspended until 10/4/20 and I usually go on Livechat to either suspend or reinstate my service, which is a great service. However, Livechat is not available at the moment due to COVID-19 and Optus needed to prioritise critical cases, which is understandable. Any ideas for how I can suspend my service without having to call Optus from the States and wait on hold for a million hours? That's if I am even eligible to wait on hold as my issue is not critical. Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Suspend my mobile service during COVID-19

Hi @annacraig,

I'd try our Financial services team. We can suspend mobile your service for a maximum of 90-days at a time. Once you're back, contact the same team and we'll lift the suspension. Keep in mind: there's normally a $5.50 p/month suspension fee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Suspend my mobile service during COVID-19

Hi Dan

Thanks for your reply, although it didn't exactly help. I am aware of the 90 days and $5.50 monthly fee, my question was how can I contact someone for this request during these times. Financial services is not the right solution.

I ended up contacting the Optus team through Message on the MyOptus app because that's all I can find from the US. And that got through but whoever looked at my request did the opposite of what I asked and has now resumed my service, as opposed to extending the suspension.

I have replied again in Message on the app so hopefully this is cleared up soon.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Top Contributors