Searching...

Mobile

Suspected scam - womooda

I have today received message - as follows :- (Free msg:Womooda subscription costs $6.99/wk to your mobile account for 160 Mobile games. Optout send STOP to 19789229 HELP; 1800191585)

I suspect this is a scam - How do I ensure no amounts are debited??

Thanks

Re: Suspected scam - womooda

10000000000GB

Rush onto chat and get your premium SMS spend set to $0

Highlighted

Nena

I have also been receiving these messages weekly since 15 Jan. At first I ignored them, thinking it was a scam. But after the last one I did some googling and saw that this was affecting only Optus customers. To my horror, I have been charged $6.99/week by these people for MONTHS and have NEVER agreed to this (let alone interacted with anyone for such a “subscription”). Optus, you need to take action - you are after all receiving our funds. How can a third party leach our money for so long? Classic skimming scam. I will also be lodging a complaint with the ACCC and would be great if anyone else who has been the victim of this could do so too.

Toomey

Hey guys, please feel free to send me a private message if you need assistance disputing these charges.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Chook462

I have also had this service charge me, I never signed up to this! Can optus help reverse the charge?

C3

I’ve just started getting these messages too. I’ve never signed up for them. How do I stop them?

I have just been deleting them.

Dan_C

Hey @Chook462, hopefully you find the information below useful. 

We do understand the concern we've made changes in response to customer feedback. I'd suggest checking out the following threads. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Optus-Postpaid-and/...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Home-Wireless/ba-p/...

Reach out to our  live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.
  • We suggest paying the difference between the content charge and your monthly access fee. You will not be penalised whilst a dispute is in progress. 

If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
160 Kudos
149 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
84 Kudos