cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Cpd
New Contributor

Supprt is terrible

It has now been over 14 hours of trying to get a SIM activated and 2 hours on the phone with absolutely no help. I want a refund and they won't even do that

Useless!!!!!! Telstra are happy to port my number but bleeping optus won't get it done. Now my number is stuck floating somewhere and I can't use either. Should have just stayed with Telstra. Can't even call a store near me to talk to an Australian who might be better equipped to help. What a waste of time and money. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Supprt is terrible

So you were transferring from Telstra?

were you billed or prepaid?

did you sign up in store? Online?

calling a store won’t make any difference, all they can do is call the activations team to push it through. The same as you can by speaking to activations.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Cpd
New Contributor

Porting a number from telstra. Prepaid. Online failed. Customer service wouldn't even tell me how I could complain.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Was the date of birth correctly recorded on Telstra end?

thats the only reason prepaid ports fail more often than not.

you can complain via www.optus.com.au/complaints

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors