cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Nomes236
New Contributor

Subscriptions services charging without approval

I have a data SIM card that has shared data, yet 3 times a subscription service has sent a message to the number and I have been charged for there service, where I have never agreed or accepted their service. Themekoo and Mobiplay. How are the able to charge me for a service I have not agreed to, is that not theft?  I have sent the STOP reply which is they cannot understand the request. I am furious that this can happen and that Optus are quite happy to pass on the charges. How do I stop this from occurring? And how do I claim back the money that they have stolen?

Tags (2)
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Subscriptions services charging without approval

Yes these premium service charges seem to be the number one complaint on this forum. Best to have a read of the link below as it explains what these charges are and how to avoid them in the future. As for the charges you have already incurred I would be having a word with support about that and see if they will give you a refund. You can try support on the live chat (second link below) if you wish.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-services-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRe...

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Miles_R
RetiredModerator

Hey there, @Nomes236. I can see that you've posted this already on a different thread so I'll respond to your other post. We ask you to please keep posts and questions to one individual thread in the future.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Nomes236
New Contributor

Thanks Yeldarb for your suggestions. Unfortunately it seems to still be occurring. I had contacted Optus to stop Themkoo, but they have just charged me again. I have sent the stop messages, but the command "is not understood". I have contacted the helpline to leave a message. So far it appears that I am just getting charged more for services that I have not agreed too. Currently the shared data sim isn't even in a device, and I am getting charged for these messages. I am assuming the best way is to just disconnect, as the current cost is $56. It's a massive scam.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @Nomes236 I can see Miles has responded to your other post offering assistance, if you could please PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account we can dispute the charges and set your premium SMS spend limit to $0 for you. Alternatively you can set the spend limit yourself by following these steps →https://goo.gl/K0Q9kh.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor bakermummy83
Occasional Contributor

I have also had this in the past week!!!

I am extremely concerened and Optus are still going to charge me $25 for this - which I also agree is theft!

I will be contacting Optus at a more convenient time as I was told the number was blocked but Mobiplays contacted me again TODAY saying I was subscribed.

Not happy at all.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

So sorry to hear this @bakermummy83. Feel free to send me a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB if you'd like me to make sure everything is being taken care of.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor angry12
New Contributor

Found out 2 month statement been scam with Womooda MIA Sphere Live total of $31.8. Try live chat but they terminate me once I post my question about this. Trying again now to chat with Live chat Optus. 

I search the forum and seem Optus have block them but how can they charge me again. Look like some inside work 😞

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @angry12 certainly not something we like to hear 😞 If you could please PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to your account here →http://yesopt.us/pmphil we'd be happy to set your spend limit to $0 avoiding any of these charges being applied in the future. We can also dispute any charges that may have already been applied to the account with the third party on your behalf.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors