Searching...

Mobile

Student discount

Lyshaa

So when my husband and I signed up in store the sales guy told me that I have to sign up for the student online, but that its fine even if we signed up to the plans in store. Well I have tried to sign up for the student discount and have a code, but it tells me in the email to “start shopping” and give me no information on how to actually apply the code to my plan.  I only signed up for the more expensive iPhone because we were told I was eligible for the 10% student discount. Also both of our phones are in my husbands name becaus the sales men said that would be easist because they’re both being paid from the same account, and I ask the salesman numerous times whether that would interfere with me getting the discount but he assured me it wouldn’t, though it would only apply to my phone. 

Has anyone else bought a phone I store and applied the student discount after, and has anyone maybe had there phone purchases in their parents name or something and still been able to get the discount?

Re: Student discount

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Even with my limited knowledge on the subject what the salesperson has told you and what I understand on this matter do not seem to match. Firstly I believe the student discount has to applied for at the time of purchase and the fact both of the phones are in your husbands name does not seem correct as only one discount per device is allowed and it has to be in the name of the student.

Unless the criteria has changed for student discounts or my understanding is wrong I would suggest you speak to suport before you go any further. You can contact support via the live chat below if you wish and verify what is required for student discounts.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Lyshaa

Oh god, I sincerely hope you’re wrong, otherwise we’re going to have to go I consumer protection about it 😫 and I tried to live chat with someone about it 1000 times before giving up and coming on here but the “24/7 live chat” never freaking works! 😡

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and I would suggest you contact support and verify what the requirements are for the student offer.

I would say that sorting out the issue would be possible however given the demand on support at the moment and the fact that it was an instore purchase it may take some time.

Highlighted

Shauna

Hey @Lyshaa - If you can provide us with your student discount code or email, we can definitely apply the discount once you have already purchased the plan. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
72 Kudos
59 Kudos
43 Kudos