Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor alvin16
New Contributor

Student Offer

Hello,

Yesterday I have registered for a new plan with phone. I showed my promo code for student. However, when I see my contract that optus e-mails me today, I see my student offer is not available.

So now how can I check that am I get this offer? Or do I have to check at Optus store?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Student Offer

Hey @alvin16, if you have given your code and confirmed your Student ID then certainly you'll get the discount. The contract/email you have received is just for the plan and contract, this won't include the discount because that is not part of the contract. I'd recommend to wait for the first bill to be issued to see the discount or we can check the discount as well? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor JoeHerms
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue. Was the issue resoleved? or I should contact Optus Cusomer Care. The contract was sent to me, confusing and not shown student discount. I am afraid of Optus will charge me with the full amount. Please let me if the contrack not applicable with the monthly billing.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @JoeHerms, as long as the student discount was flagged in our front line ordering system then it should be visible on your first invoice. If you'd like us to confirm that it's been applied, we'd be happy to do so. Do you still happen to have the code that was generated? If you could send that through as well your full name, DOB and mobile number - that would be great. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor cill
New Contributor

Hi I have a similar issue, I was sent a student discount code and told to apply this at checkout. However, when I signed up to my new plan I never had the option to apply a discount code at any stage, and it not says I'm being charged the full amount

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Hey cill - sorry for the late reply there! Were you able to get your student discount added okay? If still needing a hand, please private message me your account number, full name and DOB for ID as well as your promo uni code! Thanks

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor matt654
New Contributor

Hi

I applied the student discount online and it has not been applied to my account. I just called Optus and apparently i have to go into an Optus Store to get the discount applied? Is this required?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Hey matt654 - the student promo code should have been entered during the sales process. We'd be happy to follow this up if you'd like to private message your mobile number, full name and DOB for ID! Many thanks

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor qbear
New Contributor

I was checking out my SIM-only plan with my student code but it kept failing stating "The code that you entered is not valid". 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Sorry to hear that qbear 😞

Have you signed up for the offer yet?

If so once you've received SIM card let us know and we can escalate it to our Marketing team for them to follow up and get the code applied.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors