Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BigRedwood-4114
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Struggling

Please Optus I need a new phone😞 I'm am almost bed ridden. I have compressed my spin ( L4,L5and S1) and live with pain hand in hand. I have three children in highschool and a beautiful wife that holds every thing together ( superwomen) and unfortunately last year on the 14th of May my young brother was brutally murdered in Marsden Queensland, his name was Steven Kyle Fyfe Father of 2 boys and husband to Carly Fyfe. I do as much as I can for them and will always put them before me. The one thing I would love is a phone to that I can keep in contact with all the family as going to gatherings is difficult almost impossible. I have been a long time prepaid customer with Optus and I did apply for post paid, but I was knocked back due to stupid decisions I've made in my past, I'm sure somebody within Optus could help this disability pensioner have a bit of good luck.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
z_hook

Re: Struggling

Hi @BigRedwood-4114,

Thanks for reaching out and raising this. We can certainly appreciate your concerns.

If you have been declined from purchasing a post paid service, we'd recommend taking a look at our Prepaid handsets

There are many devices to choose from that can suit all budgets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

BigRedwood-4114
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply , as I don't get out of the house very often I use video chat to see family and you probably could imagine I'm on the phone a fair bit. Honestly the phone screen is my best friend during the week while no one is home. As for money is rather buy my nephews and my kids the better things in life.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You should be ashamed of trying to scam people using other peoples actual grief and suffering. That you're not very good at it is testament to someone who is lazy and inept. This forum doesn't allow private PMs so the people you were really hoping to take advantage of and rip off can't contact you privately to offer help.
BigRedwood-4114
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So buying a phone that is something I would like and enjoy is way too expensive. Example how cool is the galaxy z flip!
0 Kudos
BigRedwood-4114
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I understand that people would feel that way, the world is full of scammers, but have a little look on FB at a page called SKF 500, it will explain alot. Thanks for your comment because at least I could shed a little light!
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah, its a public web page set up by the family. That it exists explains nothing (except that a scammer points to it as 'proof' of nothing). Doesn't even touch on the fact Steven Kyle Fyfe doesn't appear to have a brother.

But look, look lets forget about the guy who was brutally murdered a few months ago and talk about how cool is the galaxy z flip is!!!
0 Kudos
BigRedwood-4114
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Almost 1 year mate! Your pretty good at trying to upset me! But it's cool, I understand people choose to believe what they want! Another thing is I wanted Optus to help me, not you or anyone else. By the way my name is Thomas Hunter , married to Tamara( Fyfe) now and for a long time Hunter. I have no problem if you would like to pm me on FB, I could share some pretty cool stories about me and my BROTHER AND BEST MATE!
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I'm not sure if I'd prefer a scammer or just someone that uses a death in the family to try score an expensive new phone. This is an open Optus forum but Optus staff have zero access to your account. You should contact the Optus hardship line (or Optus agents are also on Facebook). I'll leave it there. 

BigRedwood-4114
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Honestly thought that this site was a Optus site, but please don't question my integrity, I had a accident not long ago and struggle to leave the house, I just want to be able to face time my nephews while they are riding their motor bikes! Believe it or not I enjoy creating and running charity events, I also love being able to give back! Sorry if you took offence it wasn't my intention. I just thought that being a loyal customer for many years, they might of helped out, so others reading this please don't think I was asking the general public. Also would you know a link for that hardship stuff?
0 Kudos