Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Streaming Netflix/Stan use data

ryank211

Hi all,

I have 15Gb a month and I stream Netflix and Stan(which I was told is free). When I go into my data breakdown and usage it says 13% used on Stan and 10% used in Netflix (then the rest YouTube, browsing etc) so I would like to know why it’s using data if it’s for free? In my monthly billing why is a big chunk of my pie graph on Stan and Netflix. 

ive contacted 3 different people on chat and keep coming up with different answers, 1guy said it comes up to show you but will idle and won’t charge but my allowance is up and it should say Netflix and Stan 0% 

can an anyone help me!? No one has given me a straight forward answer 

Re: Streaming Netflix/Stan use data

10000000000GB

Its because the breakdown shows unmetered data.

petergdownload

Just to confirm @10000000000GB point.

Your phone is always using data. That's what the data breakdown shows. 

The Total Data meter doesn't include the Netflix data.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
Ameer91

Then please explain why the total data meter(pie graph) has deducted over 1GB out of 15GB monthly data towards stan app use?

Dan_C

@Ameer91,

Does the total data used (according to the Data insights tab) correlate with the total amount of data used?

For example, if you have a total data usage allowance of 5GB and according to the Data insights tool you've used

2GB across Netflix and Stan and 3GB on other apps / websites not included in Mobile TV Streaming. The 3GB used on other apps / websites is what's charged on your invoice.

You should therefore be able to see that you've used only 3GB/5GB on the front screen. The big data/break down tool should display all data that was used (included data used to stream u-metered content).

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Ameer91

Yes I fully understand what you are saying even though the breakdown fully explains all my usage, I would still be charged for 100% of my data usage not the partial amount you suggested,

I feel as though if my meter passed the 15GB limit it seems most certainly I will be charged $10 additionally per GB I use at that point ? Seeing as the main piegraph is suggesting that would be the outcome

also I am not speaking about the breakdown, but rather the main graph which shows how much data I have left and how many days before renewal which is counting my Stan use towards the grand total

Dan_C

If the meter on the front screen was to pass 15GB then yes, you'd be charged for any excess data over 15GB. 

The main graph should not be counting STAN use towards your total usage or any unmetered content i.e. Netflix, Optus, Sport, Spotify etc. 

In the data Breakdown, if you click on STAN, roughly how much data have we calculated being used on STAN? 

You'd need to calculate your STAN daily usage to come up with an estimated total for that billing period.

Of the 15GB of data, how much has been used in total? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Ameer91

1.44GB/15GB of that is 60% is Stan and 5% is Spotify. Both services are marked as active on my Optus account except for sports

edit*

ive done a little math and roughly over 2.5GB has been used over the month relative to Stan app use. The unmetered meter seems to work on and off

10000000000GB

Are you watching netflix on your phone or chromecasting or smart tv? Sometimes other tethered methods fail. They are unpredictable.

petergdownload

As mentioned are you tethering? Also are you watching in SD etc?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
71 Kudos
71 Kudos
57 Kudos
45 Kudos