Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Sairs
New Contributor

Strange text

I received the text message in 5/6/2018

We're identified your prepaid plan is entitled to discounted rates to other Optus or Optus prepaid mobiles, however you may have received other discounts in error since you connected. From 4/7/18 standard charges will now apply to these calls. Need help? Go to...

what is this supposed to mean??

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Strange text

It means they were giving you something for free or at a cheaper rate then what you agreed to when you signed up. They've now realised this mistake and corrected it so you're paying what was advertised

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor Sairs
New Contributor

The poor spelling/grammar and unmonitored and falsely provided service does not maintain a distilled confidence in Optus for me.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Sairs
New Contributor

I've also had the service for 8 years, so am perplexed as to how it has suddenly come to their attention.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Sairs.We're beggining to these enqiries trickle down through our social media. 

We've engaged with our external comms team to try and estbalish the change that triggered the SMS message.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have more info. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay, we've got something.

Selected prepaid customers have been receiving free calls from Optus to Optus as well as other networks that we host (e.g Virgin/Amaysim). Due to recent system upgrades, we're no longer able to provide this sort of functionality. 

Optus to Optus calls will remain zero rated. 

Customers can still use the Optus to Optus network free calls however any other calls to non OPTUS service numbers will be charged from 4 July 2018 .

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Sairs
New Contributor

Thanks for your time and attention. ✌️

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

My pleasure 🙂

If anything else comes up, you know exactly where to find us. 

0 Kudos