Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mattybrian
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Strange garbled 'alien' noises on call

This has been happening to me too. I live a few hundred meters from an Optus tower in central Sydney. We have 2 Optus phones in our house, both have the same issue. 

Did you find a solution? 

We have swapped sims, changed phones, used wifi calling on and off, 3G, 4G, reset network settings, we've tried everything. 

What is going on? 

0 Kudos
Sheridant
New Contributor
New Contributor

oh my god, I feel so much better knowing it isn't just me. 
This just happened to me today and I nearly threw my phone into the wall because I thought it was a demon or something trying to possess my phone hahaha. The breathing was terrifying.

Does it still happen to you? Have you / anyone found a solution? 

0 Kudos
mattybrian
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It kept happening and Optus couldn’t fix the problem.

They found the reason, I was exactly between two towers, there was a very small black hole in coverage, and the towers kept interfering with each other.

Get the techs to do a proper signal review in your location and check if the tower issue I had is what is causing it.

Optus couldn’t fix it so I had to move back to Telstra.
0 Kudos
South001
New Contributor
New Contributor

i have the same issue in 2020, I switched to wifi calls preferred in call settings Samsung s10 plus it seems to have fixed the issue...

still not the perfect fix.
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @South001, if you are still facing issues with your mobile calls then I would suggest to try some → basic troubleshooting first and see how you go. 

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
South001
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, it actually happened twice today...

0 Kudos
Champ09
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is happening to me too - quite a few times now
0 Kudos
South001
New Contributor
New Contributor

Still happening I am getting a new SIM card see if it fixes the issue.
I changed phones still happening so it's not the phone.
0 Kudos
thevegaerialist
New Contributor
New Contributor

To me it happened again a few weeks ago. With my sister on the phone, AGAIN. The most creepy part is that she was working alone in the restaurant, she left to serve a client, strange noises started and then I heard whispers that sounded like voices??
But the thing is, it's very rare, I'd say it happens maybe twice a year? I did not find any solution because I did not really look for one, as it's not bothering me that much. It's just so weird.
0 Kudos
Squizzy69
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

At the Gold Coast University Hospital in 2011 I am on the phone to a workmate from Gold Coast City Council while in the Psych Ward, I hear these voices over the phone.

Then in 2017 I am in the Psych Ward again, I am on the phone to my sister and I hear these voices again.

In 2019 I told my Psychiatrist at the Gold Coast University Hospital about it and she claims I had an hallucination. It was real. It has never happened outside of that Hospital.

This was real. It really happened twice 6 years apart and has only happened at the Gold Coast University Hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-q4PgeBlY

At 1:30, you can hear what sounds like a male voice saying, "I'm sorry."This may be the highest quality sample you will find for the creep alien garbled soun...
0 Kudos