Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

Stolen phone overseas

LJane

Hi, My daughters phone was stolen while she is overseas and obviously can't call Optus, she also has very limited access to internet.  She ended up lodging claim online after many failed attempts at online chat with Optus.  If she sends an email to Optus insurance authorising them to speak to me will that work?  She needs to try and get a new phone asap as she is over there for a few months, can anyone help?

Re: Stolen phone overseas

petergdownload

What country is she in?

I suggest she walk into a local phone store and buy a sub $100 phone. Grab a monthly prepaid plan. Dealing with Optus Insurance when in country and have a month to spare is problematic at best. $100 buys you a cheap phone with maps, internet and a phone number. Sort out the insurance when she gets home.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

LJane

She's in Fiji for a few months with studies.  Thanks for that, I did suggest that if we get no where tomorrow so prob the way to go. Thanks again

petergdownload

Not sure if Optus will accept email authorisation (suspect not)

Cheap Fiji phones here (x by 2/3 to get AUS$ price)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

LJane

Thank you 😊 

Mike-N

Hello @LJane.

I'm sorry for the delayed response and to hear of you daughter's phone. Your daughter will need to make the claim herself. To lodge and process a claim, she'll need to call the Customer Claims Unit within 30 days of the event on 1800 501 971 (+61 2 8082 5678 from overseas) between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday NSW Standard Time, or use this link to submit a claim online. The Customer Claims Unit will be able to help further and make the best suggestion surrounding what she can do to process her claim while overseas. 

LJane

Thank you for your reply.  She is slowly getting somewhere with Optus insurance. Very difficult with no phone and limited internet. Thank you 😊 

Mike-N

You're welcome @LJane. I can imagine! Having something stolen while you're travelling with limited internet access is always challenging. Reach out if you need any further information. 

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
33 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
4 Kudos