Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Stolen credit

Anyone else’s credit been taken? I’m absolutly sick of it, happens every month or so and I can’t contact Optus to get my credit back help anyone???

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Stolen credit

See existing thread 

Click here

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Stolen credit

@Alib00

Optus can be a bit hard to get through sometimes but I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes in LIVECHAT. You are being scammed so you should take the time to sort the problem properly if the money involved is worth it (the scam often works because its too much hassle for the relatively low amount)

1. Send STOP to the SMS number that is involved

2. Contact Optus and get your Premium SMS limit set to $0

3. Request Optus refute the charges (however they will usually only do this for the current bill, but you might get lucky)

4. In the future, if you get more dodgy SMS subscriptions Optus are no longer allowing them to charge via Optus (so you can send STOP and just ignore them as they can't bill you anymore.

Regards

Peter Gillespie