Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
spincycle
New Contributor
New Contributor

Stolen Phone

Hello there,

I took an Ola taxi and my phone fell out of my pocket. I immediately tried calling it from another mobile, it rang and then was shut off.

It is now apparent that it has been stolen.

I bought a new handset and was given my old number back with assurances that the old SIM had been deactivated.

I have the IMEI of my stolen phone - I would very much like this IMEI blocked so the thief cannot profit off the stealing of my phone.

Please put me in touch with someone who has the capacity to block an IMEI. I will be getting a police report today.

Please help in ensuring thieves do not continue to profit from stealing phones.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Stolen Phone

Unfortunately Optus doesn't provide a dedicate contact point for dealing with important and time critical issues like this.

You should be able to block the phone from your Account. Follow these steps:

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1501

FWIW depending on how long it was until you realised the phone was missing its most likely the Taxi Driver has it.

I would suggest you contact Ola and see if they can't speak to the person to see if they 'found' it. Unfortunately its not a real cab as they have video recordings that you can request to see who took it.
0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Re: Stolen Phone

Hey @spincycle

This is not something that we'll be able to do via the forum, however normally as part of the process with de-activating the SIM they block the IMEI if you've provided it for them or got the device through Optus on a plan. If you've not done so, then I recommend getting in touch with one of our support teams either via the My Optus app, or by messaging our social team on Facebook or Twitter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.