Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nothappy0987
New Contributor
New Contributor

Still being billed after changing services

Ive been trying to cancel my service as I can no longer afford to keep paying the price so i changed services and transferred over my number and everything so that’s all done. So i’ve went to the 24/7 chat to try cancel my service but i have an outstanding amount to pay from past bills which is understandable where i couldn’t afford to pay them but i need to pay them now to cancel the service. However, even after paying the outstanding balance i still need to wait for the next billing cycle to pay the final bill. This is something i don’t understand at all because the next cycle is in 28days and in those 28 days i won’t even be using the optus anymore i’ll be using the new service i changed to. I’ve been trying to contact 24/7 chat but i’ve been in “hold” for so many hours now about this issue but i’m not sure what to do anymore now. I can’t afford to pay an extra bill for a service i won’t even be using again. I really need help with this.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: Still being billed after changing services

Hi @nothappy0987 it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues cancelling your service. This is not the level of service which we aspire to achieve. As we're always looking to improve our service, I'll be sure to pass this onto our relevant teams to review.

Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Still being billed after changing services

Optus will generally pro-rata your final bill. This means if you cancelled on day 3 of the month then you only pay 3/30 of the usual bill. So essentially you will only pay for the days before you cancelled.

FWIW Don't bother trying to fix any billing issues before you get the bill as Optus staff in general can do nothing until a bill is in the system. After that they can explain charges or fix issues or put a delay on payment etc.
0 Kudos