cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Starter Kit

I am an existing Optus prepaid customer.  If I purchase a starter kit online (Optus prepaid epic value $150 Sim - online exclusive. 365 day expiry.) can I activate it and keep my existing mobile number?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Starter Kit

Hi @peeky, thanks for reaching out to us here.

The $150 Starter kit is for new numbers only. if you want to get this offer, you'll have to activate the SIM using a new number or port an existing  non Optus number to Optus. 

I hope this helps with the confusion. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So I have to port my existing number away to a different provider and then port it back to Optus?

And this way I can keep my existing number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @peeky,   if you are porting your number to Optus then yes you can keep the same number and get this offer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

But, as an existing Optus prepaid customer I have to port my number away and then back?

Please advise if this is correct.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @peeky,  any number that is porting to Optus can avail this offer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Aman_YC. I appreciate your answers to my questions.

What I cannot understand is why I have to take my number away from Optus and then take it back to Optus to take up this offer. I appreciate that there MAYBE some technical reasons for this. If there are technical reasons please explain them if you can. If there are no technical reasons then I can only assume that Optus does not value their existing customers. I have been with Optus for a very long time and feel that offers to new customers should also be available to existing customers. Please feel free to forward my concerns to Optus if you are able to.

Once again, I appreciate your replies. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Happy to help @peeky

The offers are designed and managed by our marketing team. I am glad I could help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How do I contact the Marketing team?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @peeky, we have passed on your feedback through our internal channels. So sorry we don't have a contact number  or an email for our marketing team. 

0 Kudos