cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Seagull1
Occasional Contributor

Stan

Have been using Stan &Netflix for over 8months,never had a problem till now.all of a sudden Stan usage is using my monthly allowance so gone way over,I’ll wait for my bill till I do anything,haven’t found chatting with someone any good you will normally know more than they do,not happy after so long so good.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stan

I don't dispute what you are saying but where are you getting the information that Stan is using your data? Support would not help you or didn't know what you were asking?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

How are you viewing Stan? TV?  A TV update can wreck the delicate balance of free stuff.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

It’s not that Stan is using my data,its Optus not recogniseing I’m using Stan and taking data off my monthly allowance 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Been using mobile phone as hotspot to iPad then chrome cast to TV,please don’t say you can’t do that,had no problem for 8months, it works...or has been.the point about talking to someone on chat is..they will just say you can only use it on phone...bit silly if that’s the case,can’t really say I’d want to watch any thing on 4.5inch phone 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

We're never really certain why it fails sometimes. People report that it works using Chromecast and sometimes not. Samsung TV apps can also fail after an update. My LG TV is still working fine, but I will avoid updating it next time.

When you do ctrl shift alt S and Q and D on Chrome/Firefox you can see that each ISP has an entry point into Netflix. If your DNS disturbs that, you can end up being metered.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

The best way to do it is to use a PC connected via HDMI cable. Then you can control the bandwidth on 720p quality. You get up the bandwidth selector (ctrl shift alt S) and limit it to something just beneath 1500. My LG TV app does not handle 720p well. It jumps the quality all over the place.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

As I say,8plus months no worries,did go into apps on iPad and notice update for Stan for iOS 12 ,so now check after every episode,still using more data than should be but not almost 1gba time.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

In conclusion it’s not my setup that’s the problem,it’s OPTUS,almost as if someone else has just taken over the helm and doesn’t know how to steer the ship...

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Try using a load on a PC and see how it turns up on metering.

0 Kudos