Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Spam messages

Alexis72

My mobile is recieving messages saying you have recieved an mms please read then there is a link to click on. I clicked on the link which had my internet providers logo tpg. Telling me my balance of my bill. Also clicked on another message, which had the vodafone logo. Also im with telstra. I keep deleting these messages from nos not im my contacts but the messages are still coming through . I have had a couple of replies whic i had to apologize. One person said whats pagamer. I googled it its when a person gets a virus on there phone. So im aszuming i have a virus. Please explain.

Re: Spam messages

Alexis72

Also the link on these mms are from optus. 

Solution

petergdownload

Its not a virus. Someone (or some PC) is just sending you MMS with dodgy links.

Just ignore and or delete them.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

TommyB

As Peter said, ignore them AND NEVER click on a link from an unknown sender because you might activate a virus download.

Try downloading a free antivirus program (if you are using an Android phone) from the Playstore.  I use AVG and it works well.

Highlighted

Zoe_J

I have received these messages also, but I presumed they were safe as it said they were from Optus so I clicked on it and they keep sending now!

I've called Optus about this but they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Help.

Aman_B

Hi @Zoe_J, really sorry for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to PM me Here your full name, Optus number & date of birth so we can take a look into this?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
136 Kudos
118 Kudos
81 Kudos
78 Kudos
47 Kudos