Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Spam Text Messages

Baron_ZuZu

Moved from Virgin Mobile a while ago and since then I get spam text messages. They never have a number so I cannot blacklist them. They just say the sender is 'INVITATION' and the text is "following our conversation, please find here your invitation (then a URL). Join quickly... 

It is very annoying. If I didn't use the mobile for work I would change the number. Alas, since this only begun after swapping to Optus, it has marred my experience with them and I would not recommend them.

Re: Spam Text Messages

Jeneral__Pain

I see the jump your making but Optus isn’t spamming you. It’s just pure luck it’s started after the virgin transfer. 

Because they are hiding their number behind the name (using overstamping), this makes it nay impossible to stop on your side.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Spam Text Messages

AlistarS

Hi Baron, you can also opt out of marketing here > https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1939&question=update-your-marketing-preferences-d... once you log into your my account and head to general marketing preferences.  

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
75 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos