cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

So STRESSFUL! Can anyone tell me optus' customer service email address for Cancellation?

I called Optus to cancel my plan when I travel back but not processed. Now I am not in Australia and Optus doesn't have toll free phone number. The last time I called them, it took more than 30minutes to speak with someone regarding my cancellation (which I understand during pandemic but IT IS NOT WISE paying 30 minutes international call just to wait for someone.

I tried message from apps, waited for 1 day and ask me about my freakin name? And a few hours after that I answered and it went back to freakin MACHINE AGAIN? what the heck?

I looked for an email address but NOTHING in the website, for hours I have been looking. All chats are closed due to COVID19. HOW DO YOU I CONTACT THEM? OR should I just bail, close my bank account, and hang Optus dry ? I want to pay cancellation fee and Optus make it so hard for me to contact them via message or email.

I AM NOT IN AUSTRALIA, I CANNOT CALL! GIVE ME EMAIL ADDRESS. PUT IN CLEARLY IN THE WEBSITE. YOU ARE A COMPANY, WHERE IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS? URGHHH...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: So STRESSFUL! Can anyone tell me optus' customer service email address for Cancellation?

Everybody is in the same boat unfortunately. They don't have email support however they do a free call number when roaming overseas on an Optus mobile found on the first link below. You can also send a complaint via their online form found on the second link below if you wish.

The suggestion on the forum for those wanting to cancel services and they can't get through to billing and accounts has been to stop using the equipment. Once Optus gets their support up and running again they should back date the cancellation. If you are still under contract it would be a different story no doubt.

https://www.optus.com.au/mobile/plans/international-roaming 

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/feedback-and-complaints 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: So STRESSFUL! Can anyone tell me optus' customer service email address for Cancellation?

If you are calling the Optus international number from the Optus mobile its a free call.

You can priority call Optus from overseas, 24/7 on +61 2 8082 5678.

But otherwise just write to the cancellation address. As mentioned Optus can confirm you haven't used any data and also the date in the letter is somewhat binding.

Customer Relations Group, PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors