Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Crazy_Al
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sms not being delivered and some not being received

There's no fault ticket for this latest issue with the audio message. It was more of a clutching at straws type of thing than me making a big deal about it. The failed sms, both sent and received, is a bigger issue. Sadly most of us are conditioned to believe that when an sms is sent if it says its sent we blindly take that as the truth when its not so. Need to rethink ot all and keep in mind that optus sms and mms are not reliable ways to communicate.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It should become a legacy issue as SMS is migrated to the more powerful RCS next year.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

What the hell does that mean, Peter? Not all of us are fluent in telco jargon. More importantly, how does that assist me with this issue now? Will it (whatever "it* is) fix the issue so i can send sms and mms and trust in them getting to the person they were intended and in a reasonable time frame.>
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

A little brusque perhaps @Crazy_Al ? If you don't understand something then perhaps just ask instead of shout?

I was simply referring to your comment that "Need to rethink ot all and keep in mind that optus sms and mms are not reliable ways to communicate."

No its not a solution for now (although RCS is available now for some Android Phones). It basically SMS 2.0 and should provide more secure messaging (SMS is not a 'reliable' method for sending over any carrier - it just works almost all of the time)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes perhaps a little brusque, as you put it but hardly shouted. This is the way i speak but i will try curb my offensive ways in the future. you may want to consider your audience and the knowledge base from which you speak from. Most of us are here seeking answers. If knowledgeable people such as yourself cant communicate on a manner thats understood by the lay person, as accurate as the information maybe, its of little use if no one understands it. How many here do you think knew what RCS is? Thanks to your more considered answer anyone who reads it will know now what RCS is. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Text communication is a bit fraught. "What the hell" typed with a smile on your face doesn't translate as well as if we were talking face to face. (I don't like smileys but I've learned the hard way they are helpful 😀).

Appreciate the feed back though. On of the main reasons I like posting is to learn stuff myself (including being a better communicator)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

😁
Top Contributors