cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Crazy_Al
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sms not being delivered and some not being received

No i can't say I've considered it. To be honest i wouldn't know where to start. If you're thinking about it yourself, I'll happily get onboard. This issue with sms not getting to the recipients or not being received has cost me money and caused numerous arguments. Its cost the missus a couple of really good job opportunities too. She never received the sms asking her for a follow up interview.

Doesn't seem that unreasonable to expect that a text message sent over a network such as optus, should get to the person intended.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor phoneuser
Occasional Contributor

You can lodge a complaint with the ombudsman here: https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

I had to do this when I joined Optus in December as the phone they issued simply didn't work. Once a complaint is lodged, Optus is obliged to sort it out with you, though I still had to fight and the lady I dealt with at Optus wasn't at all nice about it.

Regarding my current situation with SMS not being received, I will see how the new sim card goes for the week. Presently I send all messages via Whatsapp and SMS so my friends can tell me which ones don't come through.

(It's obviously ridiculous.)

I hope yours resolves soon.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks heaps for the link. I will make a noise over this, if only for the fact that optus have been a bunch of real knobs about the whole issue and lied through their teeth with regard to how common this problem is. Sms are intermittently not being delivered but not as often. It seems mms have now become the problem. Damn optus.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi guys,

We're happy to try and get this resolved here but need more information.

What troubleshooting have you tried apart from the replacement SIM?

When you put your SIM in a different phone, does SMS work?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor phoneuser
Occasional Contributor

Ray

In addition to the trouble-shooting you should have seen in my post above, Optus store Melboune also checked the phone's settings.

Please note that putting the sim in another phone is not indicative, as not all messages are not sent. The only way to tell which ones are not making it is to call every person after the text.

I am not keen to repeat my previous experiences with Optus' online trouble-shooting. My experience has been going round and round in circles, technicians not reading the previous chats properly, and resulting in no resolution.

Occasional Contributor

Ray,

I have spent way too many hours with customer service going in circles explaining the situation and that ot is intermittent amd i do not know which text sre not delivered  or which i do not receive. After which i get hand balled to another customer lack-of-service person sonly to go through the same crap explaining to them that i dont know which text messages i dont recieve because i don't bloody receive them. This person then tells me a lack-of-service technical staff will call me back at a specific time. That never happens. I'm over your pathetic excuse for a sevice and the lack of basic respect from customer lack-of-service personnel. Just to add to the angst i can not send mms now. Thanks optus. I'd get better service using carrier pigeons.

So Ray, are you going to tell me this sms problem doesn't exist cos if it did there'd be loads of complaints? Save it. What are you actually going to do that all the other optus "professionals" couldn't or wouldn't do?  The spotlight's on you. Amaze me.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Crazy_Al and phoneuser,

As we don't have visibility or access to customer accounts here on our public online forum I'm afraid I'm unable to help outside of going through general troubleshooting.

I appreciate your frustration, you would need to contact Optus and request to speak to a Manager if you're not satisfied with the outcome.

If you've had fault tickets logged, please feel free to post them here and I will be able to view them and escalate them.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Been there done that. Waited for  calls back only to be told that there is no problem with the sms service. Guess myself and all the other people with this issue should be glad it isn't real and we're not having it. I think its a case of either accept the poor service and laack of customer support or look elsewhere for a different service provider and hope its an improvement.

I've had fault tickets. God knows where I'd find them now. I've downloadeded transcripts of communications with customer service, until all of a sudden they were unavailable (imagine that).  This has got so ridiculous, its a war of attrition and you guys are better equipped for the long game.  At first it was the inconvenience, then the annoyance, followed by financial, social and personal impact. Was a matter of principle at one point but now i just can't be f#@ked. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Quick update. Sns are still intermittently not being delivered. Mms that i send are not getting to the intended recipient at all. Out of curiosity i rang my own number and left myself an audio message. It took 24hrs for it to arrive as a message to my inbox. Can you explain that one to me?
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

The honest answer which I think you already know is I'm afraid not because we are forum moderators here, not network technicians.

To confirm if you provide the latest open fault ticket number you have logged, this is something we can assist with by following up on it and based on how it has been ongoing for several months, request someone more senior to investigate it.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors