Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

Smartmag

Cjh778

Last night when I was on Facebook I clicked on a story that appeared in my feed I was sent a sms telling me that I had subscribed to smartmag $15 a month so I rang up cancelled the subscription that I didn' authorize and was told by their customer service operator that he could see the forms in front of him saying that I had agreed to the terms and conditions I didn' agree to anything now I have been charged $15 How can I get my money back and how can I stop this from happening again 

Re: Smartmag

SamSam

You can try calling them again and continue disputing it or you can contact Optus, request your premium SMS spend to be set to $0 (this was stop it from happening in the future so do it anyways) and request them to lodge a dispute on your behalf. This then triggers the company you've already spoken to to contact you within 2 business days to resolve which normally ends up in a credit. 

Good luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Cjh778

Yes I have contacted Optus and had my premium messaging service turned off I also contacted smartmag who told me that I knew what I was doing and had agreed to the terms and conditions of their service.

All I did was click on a article in my feed and I was instantly subscribed very dishonest way of doing business Optus have raised a complaint on my behalf to try and recoup my money 

SamSam

Goodluck! If that doesn't work, threaten action via the ACCC and I would expect you'll get your money back quick smart

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Cjh778

Thank you hopefully I get my money back 

Sherbi

This happened to me today. I replied stop to the sms I received then contacted Optus through live chat on their app. They were most helpful and said the $15 would be taken off my bill within 2 days and have given contact info if it doesn’t. They also have set my third party charges to $0 so it won’t happen again.

Dan_C

Hey guys, I'm sorry we couldn't respond earlier.

If anyone would like a moderator to run through their account and dispute the charge on your behalf, we're happy to do that for you.

Follow the URL below:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Received some handy advice from our Contributors? Remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo & Accepted solution their way!
Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos