cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

SmartViral Subsciption

I've received a message advising I've subscribed to SmartViral for 30 days charged to my mobile. The same thing happened last months and I definelty didn't subscribe to anything last night.  I changed my Credit Spend Limit to $0 last time. What can I do to stop this happening?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: SmartViral Subsciption

Jump onto Live Chat and make absolute sure it's $0 as per your request. If it is, you shouldn't have anything to worry about and Optus will be liable given what you've asked them for - http://yesopt.us/chat2us 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Setting Premium SMS to $0 only affects future scams.

Unfortunately these scams act as a "subscription" (so the date you set up the "subscription" is the important one, not the date the "subscription" is delivered).

If you send STOP (recommended) to the number you should be billed all outstanding amounts for your "subscription" in one go.

Then ask Optus to refute the charges and on your next bill the amount should be recredited to you.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hello @Saidy - We can certainly look into this further for you, can you please confirm your account details, full name and DOB via PM? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry , How do I reply via PM 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Just click on the persons name.

Regards