Searching...

Mobile

Slow unusable data in Rhodes /sydney areas even with full bars of 4g ??

claor

Anyone else having issue with super slow upload speeds in the olympic park/ rhodes/ wentworth point area ?

I am getting 0.1 - 0.4 mbps up. Its only been like this for the last week.

I am also having intermittent (90% of the time) problems with  the data in general, cant load we pages etc etc.

I just spoke to cutomer service and they couldnt give me a clear reason as to what is going on, just that it is a blackspot for recpetion..... (yet on the coverage map all places are covered by 4G and my phone displays full bars of 4G.

regards.

Re: Slow unusable data in Rhodes /sydney areas even with full bars of 4g ??

Yeldarb

Yes coverage looks fine to me as well however there does appear to be towers out north and south of Rhodes that may be contributing to the problem.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

claor

Thanks.

Apparently optus "cannot currently service this area and there is no ETA" ......... 

They didnt tell their customers or anything, just all of a sudden stopped servicing the area..
Time to find a new mobile service provider

Jason

Dimi

I got the same problem from Strathfield to Rhodes.

It even worse while traveling from Liverpool to Strathfield.

4G dropped out very frequently.

Any updates from Optus to fix this issue?

I switched the provider from TPG(Vodafone) to Optus this year, I had no issue before the switching!

Highlighted

Aman_B

Hi Dimi - sorry to hear that you're experiencing a disruption to your service. You can check current network status and any faults using this online tool http://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status. If when you put in your address it finds an outage, enter your details and you will be kept up to date. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos