Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Khasha
New Contributor
New Contributor

Slow 4G Speed at nights

Hi,

I live in West Pennant Hills NSW 2125. Recently 4G speed drops to under 5Mbps/2Mbps at nights, it used to be above 12Mbps. 

Is there any recent changes recently in the area, our ADSL socks the NBN is posteponed for another year and now 4G.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Slow 4G Speed at nights

Hi,

Please see our Network Status page. There is planned work on one of the towers there until mid July which is likely the cause of this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Khasha
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but thats not the issue, there are more towers closer to us. It looks like there is an issue with optus 4G in major cities. It is very slow, useless.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

There may be closer towers to you but that doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to them every time.

If a tower nearby is down this would also put extra load on the others.

What troubleshooting have you done? e.g. reset network settings, replace SIM card, try SIM in another device, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Khasha
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

As mentioned the speed drops at nights only, how would it help to reset network settings? And if it was the planned work on a tower it would be slow all the time.

To me it looks like the bandwidth has reached the limit and it happens at night when everyone is back home. It is a known issue now in big cities with major providers.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos