Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Simple Order Became Complicated

I am incredibly upset and frustrated with the service I received from Optus over the 2 weeks period.
I preordered the Samsung S10 on 21 February as soon as the preorder became available. About 2 days later, I was told by the team at Optus that there is no phone attached to the order. Only the plan was ordered. I contacted customer care numerous times to get this issue sorted and at the end I was told it is all fixed and I will receive my handset. On 6th of March, my friends started receiving their phones and I didn't so contacted customer care again and I was told that there is still no handset attached to the order! I got very upset and person I was chatting to didn't even care. I went to the Optus store nearby and the gentleman was a lot more helpful there. He cancelled the wrong order and put it through again. However, now I still don't have my phone also can't make calls and text! This is now becoming a joke and I am starting to think the team at Optus just wants to make it harder for me. I now wasted so much time and effort on this issue. I need someone that knows what they are doing to contact me and fix this issue ASAP. Otherwise I will have no other option but take the matter to ACCC.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Simple Order Became Complicated

The ACCC can't step in because of a staffing error when processing your order, Optus' staff causing errors isn't "bait and switch" or any other illegal actions.

Your best bet is to go via www.optus.com.au/complaints

Remember, the S10 will/is incredibly popular so this means that if your order wasn't in the initial batch, they may have sold out and are awaiting more stock to send one.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Simple Order Became Complicated

Thanks for your reply. I talked to nearly 10 Optus staff during this process. And none of these people were able to help me. If all staff are making errors then this falls back on the company. I was very passionate about getting the S10 which is the reason why I placed my order withing 10 minutes pre-order went live. To find out on the actual release date that your order hasn't even been put through... To make it worse, I called and chatted with the Optus staff many many times to make sure the order was out through. I feel like anyone would be upset with that. After all of that, I expected someone from Optus to take responsibility and say look we stuffed up but we are going to contact our warehouse and send you a phone today... Anyways, I ended up cancelling everything with Optus all together. Contacted Telstra on Thursday afternoon and they already posted one on Friday. I will never be ordering a phone from Optus ever again.

0 Kudos