cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sim not provisioned

Hi,

I went into store and bought the Samsung s9 on a plan and told the phone would work straight away. 12 hours later and after being told to wait 4 hours twice the phone is still saying sim not provisioned. 

I really need this fixed as I've recently moved house and have no internet set up yet and now no data. It's a new number from Optus and not a port so I don't understand why it's taking so long.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sim not provisioned

A porting issue was where my mind went immediately but you sorted that with the last line. Have you called Optus? I wouldn't try going back in store because they really only do sales and you're now in the "post sale" phase. Give them a call or use live chat to see what's happening. Link to live chat is - http://yesopt.us/chat2us

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Sim not provisioned

yeah I'm not porting

It's just a new phone and new Optus number 

I've used the chat 3 times and each time told to wait another 4 hours. 

Went in to store and they told me they had a system outage yesterday so are putting through orders now and will be done by the end of the day.

Highly doubt that's the issue though.

0 Kudos