cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor YHF
New Contributor

Sim not provisioned - Port gone awry and not getting help

My wife and I moved across from Virgin to Optus, purchasing online 2 Samsung S9plus' on the $59 plan. The Account with Virgin for both phone numbers was under the one account.

2 new phones arrived on Monday with 2 sims for activation (actually 3- a additional phoen was delivered to someone at our address who we don't know - we gave this extra one back to the delivery person).

Meanwhile my Virgin service cut out before I got home to activate my new phone sim.

I called Optus when I got home to try and activated it and was immediately told my wife's phone was fine and we could activate that immediately, however the sim for my phone number had to be manually activated due to the IMEI number for my device being missing from the order.

I was advised I would have to wait 2-3 business days to correct this and that it might be best to purchase a pre-paid sim in the mean time!

This is unacceptable.

I posted this on Optus' Facebook page and received a messenger response saying they will investigate if I give my details which I did. I was then advised they'd got in contact with the activation team who said nope all good,. it's connected.

It is not. I presume they've looked at my account and seen 1 number, my wife's is connected and that was that.

Is anyone at Optus able to rectify this quickly.

I am being punished due to a series of mistakes not of my own making, and no one seems to be giving me reliable information.

I have a sick child at home and I need to be in contact with my wife. My phone is also used for people to contact me at work, and I am also at present liaising with people to organise an event this weekend. I simply cannot wait 2-3 business days and a prepaid card with a new number is not a viable solution.

I am seriously having regrets about coming across to Optus right now, if this, my first experience is indicative of what I can expect for the next 24 months.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
New Contributor AKL247
New Contributor

Re: Sim not provisioned - Port gone awry and not getting help

Yes, I had the same issue EXACTLY! Virgin service got cut off & I went without phone or internet for 24hrs! I got onto chat (with the help of my neighbours wifi) and blasted them. It eventually got fixed, I was promised a $20 credit which is yet to be applied and now I find they have put me onto the wrong contract & not given me the 10GB additional that was on the contract. If no solution to this S&%T I will be seeking further instruction from the Telecommunication Ombudsman. Be VERY forceful on chat or the phone and DEMAND that it get sorted NOW. They are over promising due to gaining Virgin customers and their service was crap before that happened so it is more crap now. 

I do remember now why I went to Virgin all those years ago.............

New Contributor YHF
New Contributor

Absolutely,

My experience from ordering, confirmation and activation and then resolution process has been completely unsatisfactory.

If not resolved today, I will be following up with the Telecommunications Ombudsman.

The lack of transparency as to what has gone wrong and why is frustrating as is what is the advice as to what they're going to do about it.

I really am regretting coming across to Optus. I should've just waited the 5 more months with Virgin and then gone elsewhere. The $59 plan looked very tempting as a great offer, but this experience has me questioning the long term benefits of being with Optus is this is the standard service and resolution I can expect.

New Contributor AKL247
New Contributor

When you eventually get it sorted be sure to check that they have put you on the correct plan. It seems to be a common occurence with Optus nowadays. I'm lucky that I saved the screenshot of the plan. unnamed.png

0 Kudos
New Contributor YHF
New Contributor

I called Optus about 2 and a half hours ago....was told they need to speak with Virgin and they would call back in 90 minutes....here we are over 2 hours twenty later and still waiting for a call back.

Why even build an expectation of a call at a particular time, if you're not going to do it?

Failing fast Optus.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, I thought I'd jump in and give you an idea of what's happening on our end. 

There's a backlog of orders due to the popularity of the of new offers we've come out with. We've added more back-end resources to support the demand.

Hopefully there's been some movement on your port since posting to us here. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Cmac11
Occasional Contributor

This has happened to me too! I’ve come over from Virgin and I’m heading into Day 7 without a mobile. Calling Optus has been distressing - wouldn’t proceed today without a Virgin Account number which I can’t access. I disconnected the call.

I’ve bounced between the two telcos and each blaming each other. I thought this would be seemless as they’re both the same company.

Have been communicating via FB and promises have been made and broken. There seems to be no resolution to this problem. No estimated time of fix. Have now submitted a complaint to TIC. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

There is a resolution @Cmac11, I've been dealing with a number of these requests.

Can you us a PM → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor dbrady123
Occasional Contributor

Dan, I shall send you a PM with my details as I am experiencing this same issue.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Cmac11
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan, I have sent you a message about this one.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors