Searching...

Mobile

Sim not acitvated even after 4 days

JoseT

Hi,

So dissappointed with Service. I signed up for new service 4 days ago via  store and still don't have  an active sim! I am porting my old nunber from Amaysim and got mine disconnected now and No active Optus line!.

To make things worst, I got an insteresting and so disappointing email tonight saying that it will take another 3- 5 working days to get my new service activated. In the meantime, my current  line with Amaysim has now been deactivated already so I have no phone service at all and I was expecting so many important business calls on this number and dont have access to it now.. Very bad service.

The website directed me to a chat which was equally useless and they can't do anything also.

I don't know how to get into this. Any experience on this and how you managed to get this resolved with Optus?  I am thinking if pulling off the contract with Optus including my exisitng 3 other accounts. I thought Optus had improved in service but I cannot see any indication on this at the moment.

Chat is useless. Phone support takes forever to respond also.

Re: Sim not acitvated even after 4 days

Toomey

Sorry to hear of the issues @JoseT. Does the email you received mention what we are doing to resolve the issue on our end. Typically we have to raise an IT case, these can take 3-5 days to complete so I'm assuming this is what they've done for you. Do you have any reference numbers we could check up on? Please feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can double check this for you

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Essaud

I am in the same boat as you! Virgin mobile account disconnected and no optus. And each day I get told another 24 to 48hrs.

I run my business through my phone.

I have a sprained ankle so cannot drive to get a postpaid sim  (as instructed to do by optus!) that my customers would know how to contact me on anyway!

This is disgusting! Not good enough. Optus own virgin mobile for goodness sake! 

NOT HAPPY!!!

Dan_C

This has been a trending topic on the forum today.

"24-48 hours isn't the usual time-frame. We'll usually quote an activation time-frame of fifteen minutes - four hours (max). That's from the time in which we'd submitted the port-in request. 

Now, there's a backlog of orders due to the popularity of the new targeted Virgin mobile customer plans. We've added more backend resources to support the demand, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing moving forward!"

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
127 Kudos
99 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos