cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sim locked

When Iput in my 13 number sim code, it said that the sim was locked and I needed to enter a valid sim code. What do I do about this, as i only recirved it today.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sim locked

Hey there Georgiac0806,

Do you mean a PUK code?

If not, please leave Optus a message for further assistance and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No not that code, as even when I try to call 555 it says I entered the wrong number. When I go to activate my 13 digit sim number, a red bubble appears above it and says “we are sorry but unfortunately the sim entered has been locked, a valid sim is required for activation”. I just received this sim and phone in the mail so I don’t know what to do from now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're using the SIM with an an unlocked handset? Sounds odd. 

SIM cards do have an expiry date, but given it's a brand new SIM - I doubt that it's the case.

If you do not have a working service with any provider, I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

• No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 
  • No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls) 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey!! I put the sim in a few days after sending that message and it was already activated, so I didn’t have to put the sim number in the activate it. It’s all sorted now thank you for your help 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, great! Thanks for the update.

Appreciated. Stay safe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos