Did you mean:ย 
Ask a Question
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Sim card not activating

Great to hear Natalie! 

Hope you have a fab weekend.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
natalieblack
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You too Dave ๐Ÿ™‚
0 Kudos
nephi66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, my card activated, then said I had no credit, but it all now working smoothly, thank goodness. I appreciate the response. I hope everyone else is right now too ๐Ÿ™‚

nomisjohn
New Contributor
New Contributor

I ordered a new mobile phone (via an up-grade invitation) online from Optus, which was delivered on Wednesday 17 June, 2015.

It is presently Monday 22 June, 2015, and the new SIM has yet to be activated! This is a completely unacceptable amount of time to have to wait! I have called everyday (except Sunday 21 June, 2015) to inquire about the activation (lack-thereof) of the SIM. I have been told that there is an 'IT' issue, which is being looked into - NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Even though there have been promises and assurances to update me on the progress of the SIM activation, only after I pleaded with the last consultant I spoke with on Friday 19 June, 2015, has anybody from Optus had the courtesy to respond to my issue.

Exasperatedly, the message the consultant left on my voice-mail was only to advise it would be another 24-48 hours!!!! AGAIN... NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

I have (foolishly) remained loyal to Optus since the purchase of my first mobile phone (look in your system to ascertain the length of that loyalty)!

I want you to explain to me why I should continue to be loyal to Optus!

0 Kudos
Pete
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the update nephi66 ๐Ÿ™‚

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Pete
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey nomisjohn, really sorry to hear.

If you're still waiting on the delivery, could you please confirm if you were provided with a  Sales Order reference number? This will help us investigate further.

0 Kudos
MaurieT
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I bought and activateda sim card yesterday, can anyone suggest the time it  takes to activate the phone.?

Someone said maybe 48 hrs, is that correct?

I am a real old guy and not sure of the system.

Thanks.....

0 Kudos
Gen_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey MaurieT - we have had some delays in the last few days with activations and I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Have you had a chance to reboot your phone in the last hour to see if it's working? Would recommend checking with out PrePaid crew here

0 Kudos
Chlo19
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat, got sim on thursday and activated it online and it said it would take 30 minutes, still hadn't been activated by Friday afternoon. Called optus friday afternoon and got told it will take 24hrs to activate so I waited and kept turning my phone on and off. Called Saturday as it still wasn't working and was on hold for 2 hours then was told the support centre was closed. It's now Wednesday and my Sim still isn't working. Number hasn't ported across from Virgin but Virgin sim isn't working either now. 6 days without service Optus. Not happy. Thinking of cancelling if it hasn't activated by the weekend ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

0 Kudos
Marie
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear that this has been the experience you've had @Chlo19,

Are you able to PM through your details (full name/ mobile number/ date of birth) as well as the SIM card number so we can check this out for you.

Cheers. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors