cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Annelo
New Contributor

Sim activated but only mobile data works

My phone got stolen during out of country vacation and called Optus to deactivate the number. Upon returning to AU, I went to an Optus store for sim replacement. They said before doing that, I have to call customer service and remove the block. I did that, they gave me a new sim, Activated it, but so far only mobile data works. 2 SIM cards and 2 customer service calls later, still the same issue. We tried doing all the steps mentioned by customer service from the basic airplane mode, mobile data options, reset network settings, restart phone but none worked. Phone is not the issue since I tried a known working Optus SIM card and it worked. I tried my SIM card on another phone and it is also not working there. The last customer service call said she filed a ticket and escalated the issue to backend and said it will be resolved in 24-72 hrs. Is there a way to contact an Optus personnel who have the capability to resolve this directly? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sim activated but only mobile data works

Hi there Annelo,

What a frustrating ordeal. We can't resolve it directly here however if you let me know what the fault ticket number is I should be able to follow up with the team to try and escalate it.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Annelo
New Contributor

Hi Ray_YC,
Thanks for looking into this. The ticket number is PR21838461. Update on the status, the Optus backend team (I unfortunately forgot his name) already found the problem but have to escalate it to IT since he has no permissions to make the changes. According to him, the number shouldn’t be barred like that. Not sure/didn’t mention the actual cause whether if it’s a system issue or a human error. He says it will take 3 days for IT to respond. Is it possible for them to attend to it earlier? I use it for work and couldn’t enable/access features because I can’t receive messages on that number.

Thanks,
Anne
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thank you for the info.

I've been able to locate the ticket number and IT case and have requested that it be expedited.

This isn't a guarantee as there may be factors that is preventing them from fixing it quicker be but it's worth a shot.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors