cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Isaaaaac
New Contributor

Sim Plan Help - Underage Order Verification?

Hello everyone, I bought a sim plan on Sunday and didn't receive an order number yet so I called optus this morning.

It turns out that I'm too young to receive the order (I'm 17), and that I need someone 18+  to verify my order or something? I'm not too sure, it wasn't explained very well.

So basically, I'm wondering if anyone would be able to guide me through how to 'verify' my order? Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sim Plan Help - Underage Order Verification?

Long story short, a SIM only plan is a postpaid plan which basically gives you a line of credit (you can use as much as you like and then pay later). In Australia, for you to be legally able to enter an agreement like this, you must be 18. No way around it unfortunately unless you put it into someone else's name (like your parents). 

Your alternative is pre-paid which offer pretty competitive plans these days, at least until you're 18 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor Isaaaaac
New Contributor

You'd think that optus would have a check in place for when you enter your birth date when purchasing a plan but I guess not.

Anyway, is there any way I can go back to my order to change the details? Because the order I selected had a $5 discount which is not longer there.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Your order will likely be cancelled now but at a guess I'd say the $5 discount was a student discount. If you're rekeying it in a family members name and they aren't a student, no discount unfortunately 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor Isaaaaac
New Contributor

Alrighty, thanks for the help! 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors