cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sim Only Plan - Change

Hi All,

1 week ago i signed up for a $45 monthly sim only plan. Service has been good however I seem to be chewing through the data rather quickly! Is it possible to change to the $55 plan without having to payout my existing plan? In the info summary it states that I can move to a higher plan but its not clear if I need to payout my existing one first.

Talking to the online chat I was told i have to pay out my existing plan first, then upgrade.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Sim Only Plan - Change

You're correct that Optus are generally happy to move you to a higher plan. 

The only caveat is it needs to be the same base plan. So you can't spot a special deal and ask to move to that instead.

Customer Service at Optus is a bit variable, so I'd suggest just using livechat (24/7) and ask again and you'd likely get a better answer.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sim Only Plan - Change

@MattyAUS, do you have a copy of your plan's critical information summary?

The following rule applies to most rate plan changes:

Plan changes:
You can change your plan during your contract term to another 12M SIM Only (online) plan provided you move to a plan with a higher monthly access fee. You cannot change your plan during the contract term to a plan with the same or lower monthly access fee. If you change your plan during your contract term a fee may apply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors