cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Tmayne
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm a new customer, can I use my old phone number from another provider (Telstra) if I sign up for phone and plan?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Sign up enquiry

Yes. Its called porting. As part of the sign up process you will be asked if you want to port an old number across. Note the old number service will be automatically disconnected at the time.
0 Kudos
Tmayne
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ah ok, that's great except postage for new phone will take several days, bugger. I wonder if I complete sign up details online and then get husband to collect phone from in store and drop off to me, currently in quarantine.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Its likely to take longer than that to deliver.
You can buy a phone on the shelves in store (if its there) and sign up in store.
However if you sign up online you must have the phone delivered to your account address to be signed for only by you (not anyone else)
What model phone / Optus plan did you want?
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi TMayne,

Please be aware due to COVID-19 impact, porting of services into Optus has been temporarily stopped until "normal business resumes". There is no ETA for this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos