cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Shared Data Sim product

Hi, Just before Xmas I signed up for 2 new services with data sharing giving me 35gb of data now.
The lady in the store told me online I can buy an extra sim for a few dollars and use the shared data on my existing iPad or dongle.
I've been looking and can't find any such product or sim, only another server with even more data that I will never use.
Can anyone tell me what the Optus store lady was talking about?
I don't want to pay more for something that I won't use very often.

TR

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shared Data Sim product

Hmm I could be wrong but I didn't think that sim offer was available any more. I just had a quick look through the Optus site and like yourself I found nothing. Maybe it's best to jump on the live support link below and ask sales if that product is still available.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, I tried the chat section, after 40 minutes and 2 consultants it's just to hard for them.

Here is there reply... "To be honest , Actually  its confusing ."

They suggested I go to the store, even though the store lady told me it's an online product...

So now where do I go?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

As I said in my first post I don't believe that product is available anymore. As a matter of interest I wrote about this very issue almost a year ago (see post below) and I said exactly the same thing. Given that no Optus staff member intervened or corrected my comments then I can only assume I was correct. 

Hopefully an Optus staff member will see this post and set the record straight.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Online-Mobile-Self-Service/Do-both-devices-require-a-plan-to-share-...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

They've rigged the system, so you have to buy postpaid services. The cheapest service you can find is $15.

Telstra still do $5 SIMs, though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Rolly23

A couple of years back we did offer a data sharing SIM that came at one off cost of $5.00. I believe customers who'd originally purchased the SIM are entitled to remain on the $0.00 data sharing plan. Now days as @10000000000GB has advised, you'd need to sign up to a month-month 3GB data plan. That comes at a cost of $15.00 per month. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus really need to update your dealer network for giving out incorrect info.

Since I moved over from Telstra your is alot more.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Agree.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Rolly23,

It’s concerning to think that we do have sales agents out there under the impression that we're still offering a legacy product that hasn't been available since late 2015. There's actually an internal social media esque platform that delivers product updates to Sales Staff. They're probably more in the loop than ever before.

Which store had you visited?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Inverell

0 Kudos
Top Contributors