cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor JayBae
New Contributor

Service cancelled without my knowledge

Optus cancelled my mobile service on an call, but i haven't placed any call.

now to reactivate it would take 48 hours

i am worried that my mobile number could be hacked to recieve my bank OTP or email password reset.

Really scared!!

JB

0 Kudos
6 Replies
New Contributor JayBae
New Contributor

Service cancelled without my knowledge

Optus cancelled my mobile service on an call, but i haven't placed any call.

now to reactivate it would take 48 hours

i am worried that my mobile number could be hacked to recieve my bank OTP or email password reset.

Really scared!!

JB

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Service cancelled without my knowledge

I'm not sure what you mean Jay but if you are concerned about some breach of your services I would suggest you jump onto the live chat immediately and speak with billing and accounts.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
New Contributor JayBae
New Contributor

I did chat with them, reactivation takes 48 hours it seems.

the thing which gets me most worried is the cancellation happened based on someone calling optus, ofcrze it’s not me.

the number isn’t ported out yet so hopefully no one has hacked the number.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Hi there,

Change the number to a family or friends mobile number?

Id be more concerned if they said it was ported away as that can happen fairly quickly. 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor JayBae
New Contributor

Thank you Dave!

apparently porting away requires the number to be active so that USB covered.

I am more concerned about somebody getting that number activated... which apparently can happen quickly as well.

i don’t have any.. but they suggested to visit a shop and get a new SIM card activated with the same number which is probably quicker...

not sure if that is going to work gonna give it a shot.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey there JayBae,

That's right, a cancelled service cannot be ported. It would then go into a quarantine period so it shouldn't get activated for someone else for quite a while so no need to be concerned there. Getting a new SIM is the way to go, let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors