Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Service activated from back end but not front end??

I'm a existing customer with 1 x SIM only plan and 1 x cable home broadband. I signed up a new $140 contract with an iPhone X(porting my number from Vodafone) a few weeks ago. The reason I signed for this 200GB Optus plan is to replace my $70/month 200GB Vividwireless serive in my office with a $15/month Optus data SIM sharing the data of the new contract.

Received the phone and SIM 3 days ago. 15 minutes after activating the SIM on Optus website, Vodafone SIM stopped working and Optus SIM started working.  But the issue I'm having now is I can't sign up the data SIM(in store) becuase my service is not active yet??(I've been using it on Optus network for 3 days)

3 online chat, 1 phone call and 2 store visit couldn't solve my issue and everyone tells me a different story:

1. Your service will be activated after 48 BUSINESS hours not 48 hours(oneline chat)

2. Vodafone's system is under maintenance(online chat)

3. Your serivice is not active, we can't check any info on this service(in store)

4. Your serivice is activated on our back end, but not our front end(phone call)

I can not register "My Optus" on my phone either WIFI or 4G, can't do it on PC either, they all tell me this serive is not elegible. Same story goes when I try to login the National Geo app on iOS.

My Vividwireless service's billing cycle ends on 21 Nov, so I  have to cancel the service 2 days in adavance (19 Nov) to avoid  paying another $70 for the next billing cycle. But it is very unlikely I'll be able to sign up a new Optus data SIM which is able to share data with this new mobile serive before 19 Nov since I don't have a solid answer as why I can't register "My Optus" and/or sign up a new service and share data with this one.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Service activated from back end but not front end??

Hey there - very sorry to hear of the trouble you've had trying to get this sorted. We're happy to help out. Please shoot us a PM here. We'll just need your full name, DOB and your account number. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos