Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor geoffp
New Contributor

Sending an order back and cancelling service

Hi,

Is it easy to send a mobile phone back?, it's on its way now so not in my possession yet. Ordered a Iphone XR as my contract is up soon so I could upgrade. Sales people(on line chat) would not bend an inch to do any sort of deal with me to keep my business. So I ended up choosing the XR for $79 a month, but I have since noticed I could get the new Iphone 11 for the exact same price from Vodafone, so I'm tempted to send the optus phone back and go with the better deal from Vodafone.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sending an order back and cancelling service

Pre-delivery, there isn't an official process, but If you're adamant about going elsewhere, you could refuse delivery from the courier. All packages require a signature upon delivery. 

For example, if you're not at home to accept the delivery; the package will be delivered to your local Post Office. The Post Office will send the device back to the Optus warehouse if not collected within 10 business days. 

Now, you’ll still want to contact us to confirm that the phone has been scanned back into our warehouse. 

Post-delivery, you’ll want to contact us and advise if your intention to cancel. We’ll send out a collection kit so you can return the phone back to us.

If you port your number out before we’ve received the phone back, a handset payout fee will appear on your next invoice. Obviously, we’ll waive the fee once we’ve confirmed that the phone has been returned. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors